Chaumont Garden Design: Final Product

 "I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars." - Walt Whitman


For one of our assignments this semester we were given 5 competition briefs and told to form groups, pick a brief and create a project that would fulfil the competition and module brief. If you have read the previous posts you will know that our group decided upon the Chaumont Garden Design Competition brief, in which we had to create 6 A3 pages which consisted of:

  • A 1:100 masterplan
  • Budget for the projects
  • Explanation of our garden
  • Elevation or section
  • Planting plan
  • And one free page in which we could choose what was to be presented.
As well as complete the module brief for the assignment which consisted of 4 A1 pages, and a Pecha Kucha 6 minutes and 40 seconds in length. 

I really enjoyed working in a group and collaborating with my amazing peers. I have known these people for nearly three years and yet this is the first and probably the last time we have actually worked as a group. It was so much fun to be back together and find out what each person's strengths and weaknesses were, and then delegate tasks based on each individual. I can only hope that working in practice will be like working in this fabulous group every day. 

I was really proud of our final product and felt as though every single person within the group had pulled their weight and contributed to the garden. I wish it was actually being made, and that we could all run away to France for a few weeks. Alas, I have a degree to finish first.

I have chosen some of my favourite pages from the assignment to display. 






Comments

Popular Posts