Alney Island Elevator Pitch

"Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise." - George Washington Carver

For an upcoming assignment, we have been given the task to create and present an elevator pitch. The concept of the elevator pitch is to explain the importance of the project in a focused way in a very short time frame, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. The time taken in an elevator between floors, where your audience is trapped and you are the focus of their attention, this is where you must sell them the importance and the concept of your project.

For this assignment, we will be presenting the master plan from our Design Projects module, Alney Island. We were lucky enough to be given the opportunity to present our elevator pitch to our lecturer to ensure that we had all gotten the concept of what needed to be done for the assignment. In preparation for this, I created 2 A4 sheets which displayed some diagrams to help with the presentation. 



Doing the pre-presentation was incredibly helpful, along with the a4 sheets I had done a mini script for myself to ensure I spoke about everything I wanted to. However, my lecturer pointed out that I was trying to explain too much for a 2-minute maximum time frame, and that instead, I needed to talk about the importance of the project for the city of Gloucester and the concept for the site. It was good to get a practice in and be able to make corrections to the presentation. 

Comments

Popular Posts