Alney Island Deeper Meaning

"Don't look for new landscapes, use new eyes to see what is already there." - Gerald Causse



A few weeks ago we were given the task of creating a deeper meanings mood board for our proposed design for Alney Island, Gloucester. Personally, I was unsure of where to start, I felt as though the stress of other assignments and my dissertation had taken over. I had lost my deeper meaning for the site and upon review, I realised the work I had submitted for semester one did not convey the concept for the site throughout the whole piece of work.  

To get the creative juices flowing again this task was really good for me, as I was able to explore and explain my deeper meaning again and make note that I need to refer back to my concept throughout the whole project. It cannot be forgotten about again. 

The deeper meaning mood board was set to help us start thinking about ideas for our furniture section of the assignment, where we have to design a piece of furniture, a bench or a seat, that fits into the concept for the site. 

My concept is sculptural form and identity, inspired by Antony Gormley and the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, my design consisted of a wetland centre, theatre, community centre and flood resilient housing which is set within a sculpture park. Visitors walk along the winding paths and find sculptural figures hidden in different areas of the site. 



Comments

Popular Posts