Assessing My Creativity

“The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf



As a third-year student, I have not only learned about who I am as a designer, but who inspires my creativity. One of the tasks set for this the week was to test my creativity using an online questionnaire created by Aulive - http://www.testmycreativity.com/. This assessment measures the level of your creativity and provides results based on the answers given.

The questionnaire starts by asking simple questions such as age, qualifications, job role and where you live. It then moves on to what type of person you consider yourself to be, before moving on to a word association set of questions. I personally found this section confusing, the words given were very unrelated to each other, for example, the main two words were SUBMARINE and CAMERA. I then had to select words I thought were associated with them from a list – Watertight, Film, Lens, Battery, Door, Egg and Octopus. In my view, I thought these lists of words barely associated with the two main words, I chose watertight and lens.

The creativity questionnaire then moved onto describing what I can see within two separate images, picking an image out of a set of six, and describing what I think bricks can be used for. The results are then given, with mine displayed below. According to the test I am just below average, with my score being 61 and the typical average is
63.04.

This is a fun test to take and has certainly made me consider how I can be more creative and open within my imagination and design. However, I wish the developers would explain the methods behind the test.

Comments

Popular Posts